The St. John Auxiliary Junior Volunteer Program provides high school students ages 15-18 who have completed the ninth grade with opportunities to perform community service and explore medical careers, as well as meet other students from the Tulsa area.
- The Junior Volunteer Program application may be used for both the summer and school year programs.
- The summer program fills up quickly. Beginning in January, applications are accepted for the Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday summer sessions. In addition to serving a placement, classes and guest speakers are hosted so students learn about other opportunities first hand from specialty areas. The summer program lasts eight amazing weeks and begins in early June and ends in late July.
- To participate in the school year program, students must commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service. The program provides flexibility by allowing them to choose the day(s) and time(s) to volunteer, including weekends. The program runs September through April.
- No membership dues are required, but junior volunteers must purchase their own uniforms, participate in career explorations classes and attend an annual recognition event.
- The application process includes obtaining two references from teachers or other leaders (please, no family members), interviewing and attending an orientation session.
For additional information about the Junior Volunteer Program, please call Volunteer Services at 918/744-2198.